Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Here"




You can't just look, not Here. Times are tough, especially Here. You have to go out and explore the unknown Here. The apocalypse has gone and past, and now, we're Here. Where is Here? I don't know, but often I find myself wishing we were There; before it all died. I recall seeing a picture of There once when I was a little girl, well actually I've seen many pictures, but this one stood out to me. There had paved walkways, and large structures instead of hut like shelters. The picture was when There was still young, and vibrant. The sun was setting. This sun, being significantly smaller than ours, casting a calming glow that let you understand the time lost when it would actually leave. There had a street (at least I think that's what it was) that was bare, except for the small insect looking vehicle, stilled off to it's side.The picture showed trees, though not nearly as many as we have Here. The picture of There makes me wonder why we ever came Here. Then I remember that it's all gone, without a trace. Nothing we do will ever be able to recreate that image, or the intent of the person taking it. It's all gone, and now we're stuck Here.

**This picture was used in my English class. We were told to write a story including the picture, and this is what I wrote. I thank my teacher, Mr.Christensen, for using it in class, and I thank Nick Conner for taking the picture and allowing me to put it on my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment